Patients who have their procedures performed at Central Arkansas Surgical Center enjoy the convenience of a centrally located facility with easily accessible parking, and a streamlined registration process. The facility offers an inviting and comfortable environment designed for efficiency, safety, and privacy. Patients can rest assured that the friendly and knowledgeable healthcare professionals at Central Arkansas Surgical Center will treat them with the utmost care and respect throughout their procedure, as outcomes and patient satisfaction are the true measures of our success.
The instructions below are provided to patients as general guidelines. Your physician may also provide instructions specific to the procedure being performed. Contact the center with any questions at 479-967-1117.
What To Do After Surgery …
- It is your responsibility to make advance arrangements for a responsible adult to drive you home and remain with you for the first 24 hours after surgery. You may not drive yourself, be left alone, or leave the facility in public transportation unless accompanied by an adult.
- You will receive written instructions for your care that may include activity, medication, diet and rest. Contact your physician if you have any questions or problems.
- Plan to be in a recovery area for 15 minutes to 1 hour following surgery. For more extensive spine surgery, you may be in recovery for 2 to 3 hours.
- Do not drive, smoke, drink alcoholic beverages or operate machinery for 24 hours, or sign important papers following surgery.
- A nurse will contact you the next working day to check your status.